Thursday, February 21, 2008

It was FORTY TWO DEGREE WATER!

So, way back in October of Last year - Rick and I went to Zion's National Park. It was the first time that I had been there... so, as I am sure that you can tell, I just had to be a little bit silly. However, it was one of the most beautiful places that I have ever been to. GREAT Vacation!

I am TERRIFIED of "heights" (as some people say). But, I braved the edge of this rock just to show that I could do it... after all - I had just finish treading through FOURTY TWO DEGREE water in the virgin river. Surely I could handle a little tiny rock hanging out above the ground below... right?

There I am... in the cold water. Seriously... my legs and feet were sooooooo cold. BUT, I did it. And I can say that I didnt' pansy out and get any silly hiking gear for the job. Oh no. I did it just like an old fashioned chica would have - Jeans, hiking shoes, Hanes Socks and all. :D
Here is Rick! This was on our hike (The forever long hike) up to the emerald pools. We thought that we would take the path less traveled - however, that also added about an hour to our hike that we weren't expecting. That's alright. We got some great shots from the top of that mountain.
This was taken while we were hiking up the Virgin River. One of the most serene places. I was happy to get this shot in. Considering Zion's is like going to New York City (except for National Parks) Every time there was a cool shot, there was also someone lingering so you couldn't get the picture. You would think that people wouldn't be hiking in FOURTY TWO DEGREE WATER in the middle of October. You would think that it would just be us crazies out there... but Nooooo - there were so many people. Maybe they are all crazy too?

I just really like this picture. Nothing much to say about it. Rick took it after we had cleared the river adventure part of our tour. I didn't want to man the camera - I was too cold. But, he got a really nice shot in there - so - I figure that I will show it off. :D

No comments: