Thursday, May 29, 2008

Random Thoughts at 11:55-dom

As always, I slack when it comes to the typical update. Perhaps this is because my life is pretty usual, usually. I mean, I have a routine - and typically it doesn't vary too much (If I can help it). So, after a while what is the point of blobbing the same thing... right? Well, I came here tonight, and I wanted to blob something... but there isn't much going on right now... So, I will give you my typical update and hope that I don't bore you to tears with it all.I didn't fall completely off the wagon with the "weight-loss" thing. I mean, I started, I stopped, (too many things happening) I started up again. As always, getting back on the horse harder than starting off the first time around (sometimes). But, I have made it three days and done pretty good so far. (Other than the Little Debbie Snacks that I have hidden in the house at random spots in case I need them). My sister, Ais, is doing a great job keeping me motivated. She's also great at tempting me... telling me that she wants a chocolate shake and then talking me down from it... MAN... I could so go for one of those right now. BUT, she's been right there with me the whole time and she shows up nightly to make sure that I don't slack off. She gets me to do extra laps, keeps me breathing and laughing, and I really couldn't ask for any more than that. I am so happy to have her around to keep me going. (Because there are days like today when I would much rather not keep going).

What I don't get is why it is that she's starting to look great... thinning out and stuff... and I am not. She may not see it, but I sure do... so why is it that I am not? I don't eat that much junk food... AND, I have almost cut out fast food entirely. Three days in a row I have been doing this. I should see results by now! Guess with her being older she gets to do everything first, including lose the weight, huh... Man am I envious or what!

Today I told Darrell that he was getting to go on a "Father / Son " Camping trip this weekend. Now he's all sorts of excited about a "Boys night out". I have never heard him so upbeat about things that HE gets to do that Kennedy does NOT get to do. Ooooh, how he rubbed in the fact that they were going to be doing smores and hot dogs and "Activities!"... (Though he doesn't know what yet... it doesn't matter, it's something without girls and that is the most important thing of all). As for us girls, we will be doing things like Painting our toes and scrapbooking and watching girly movies. FUN THINGS... But it was just a trip to hear D talk about his weekend with Nathan, Rick and Tim. Hopefully it will be everything that he's imagining in head.

Kennedy starts swim team on Monday, Darrell in swim lessons on Monday. Today he swam down half of the length of a pool without help. He's doing so great. Kennedy finally figured out how to use a kickboard and not slow herself down in the water. I'm pretty darn proud of that one there. She's doing so well. She's just a darn natural when it comes to swimming. I can't believe how well those two picked it up, really. Just unbelievable.

As for Kennedy, they had an economic fair at school. They had to get a business license and a bus pass to go to other "Cities" (Classrooms) to buy things and sell things. So, we set up her store - Kennedy's Knick Knack Store - and she sold monkey bracelets and peace necklaces and a bunch of other things like stickers and tattoos. She came in second place for having the most profitable store. I am so proud of her. She even said - "When I saw that the bracelets were going fast, I thought ""Maybe I should Up the price so I could make more"" but then when I did they didn't sell so fast anymore so I had to lower the price again"..... man, that little selling fiend! See if I shop from her store in the future!

My best friend, Lori, is flying on a Red Eye flight tonight to come and visit her daughter in Utah. I get to see her - this is the highlight of my young life every three months or so. I will have to post about all of our cross-stitching / knitting adventures over this weekend. I am sure THAT should bore you all to tears, but it will be so much fun for me! I can't WAIT to see her! It's gonna be a blast.

Well, I am off to bed! Sorry for the boring update, but it's an update just the same! So, now you all know what is going on and I better not hear that whole whiney "We never hear from you" thing... LOVE YA!

2 comments:

Aislinn said...

Yeah - an update! I enjoyed it - even if I knew most of it already - but you have a way with words! And that whole "losing weight" bit - WHATEVER - there is no one losing weight here! (bring on the chocolate shakes and fries!)

The Woolston Family said...

I have so missed our pool outings. You ladies ROCK! Keep up the good work and when I have a workable husband again and can go out without feeling guilty about all the what ifs that could disturb his rest time (which is so needed right now) then I will once again be seeing you at the pool:) I think you are both looking great, by the way! Oh and...you are always gonna notice the improvement on others before you notice it on yourself. We are always the last to know in all matters of weightloss and looking good.