Sunday, June 8, 2008

GLASS - in my foot -

So, My sweet boy - Darrell - you know the one... you've read about him... you've heard the tales - well, he decided that on Friday he was going to be a BIG help to mommy. He sucked up a lightbulb with my vaccuum. However, the little gem did not tell Mommy that he had done this. He attempted to cover up the evidence. Later on, I walked into his room to inspect it and I stepped on a nice, fine little shard of lightbulb glass. Part of it broke off into my foot and the other part got pulled out. It was long - looked like an ice pick. I thought that I had gotten it out until I stepped flat footed and felt a sharp pain go right up my leg. Nope... apparently it's still in there...

Ooooh, we've soaked, picked, prodded, messed around with the thing... but it's up in there good. So good that we aren't even sure exactly where it is anymore... it's probably a microscopic piece that is causing me all this grief anyway huh...

It gets better though - presently, I don't have health insurance (Thanks to the changing of the jobs). So, since it hasn't come out on it's own, and I don't think that it will be coming out any time soon on it's own, and it's kind of a bother to walk around on this foot with the pain shooting up into my leg - I think that I am going to brave the "Free clinic" tomorrow.

Guess I will update you on how it goes...

SO - Below is the face of danger! BEWARE! BEWARE! :D

2 comments:

The Woolston Family said...

Good luck with the "free clinic" and with them finding the illusive peice of glass. Such a bummer! I hate things that I cannot fix by myself.

Knit2dye4 said...

just make sure you go, because glass isn't like wood. Wood will work its way out, but glass buries itself deeper...

worrying about you...

Lori