Monday, June 16, 2008

On a Separate Note - My FUN Camping Trip

Father's Day Weekend - and our Camping Trip to Manti. We arrived a little late, but that's alright. Aislinn and Tim had the forsight to realize that I am ALWAYS behind (LOL) and they set up the tent for me and Rick and the kids. We discovered that the tales we had heard about the Temple RV Resort place were all true, and then some... Aislinn and I got our blankets to the Manti Temple just in time, and we were Off to have us some yummy turkey dinner.
Here is the Manti Temple. ... . it's beautiful. I liked the pageant - it was fun. Afterwards I heard that Darrell had a multitude of questions concerning the pageant. Something about "Is that really Jesus?!?" and "Are they trying to make the temple look like it's covered in blood?!?" Afterwards I asked him how he liked it and he said "Oh, it was good. I just hope that I don't have to sacrifice anyone in my life!" What a kick.
The next morning Mom and Dennis came up to the camp groud that Aislinn and Tim had discovered. Mom was singing a song and she changed the words... something about worms... and just as she did that I happened to be taking this great picture of Aislinn, when Aislinn screwed up her face like so. I love this picture. I will scrapbook it and keep it forever more.
Then, we decided that we were going to get over the top of the mountain to go to Joe's Valley Resivoir. The map said that it could be done, and by golly we were determined to do just that. Well, on our way up we ran into some snow. We got through it just fine, but when it was time to turn back we got high centered on this lovely little patch here. Well, we were blessed and a big, tanned, tubby man came in his 4X4 and rescued us by pulling us out of the snow. Good thing that he was there too... otherwise, we'd still be waiting for the snow to melt just so we could get out of there. Then, we were on our way to Ferron to visit Rick's mom.
When we got there we had time to visit and all of that stuff. However, we had realized that we did not do smores. Well, the pageant had gotten out too late for that sort of thing - so, we decided to make use of the charcoal grill and make smores the "Redneck" way. They turned out great though Kennedy dropped my "Smushmellow" into the coals and caught it on fire. I had to make my own... it was probably better that I did... they turned out all sorts of yummy. :D

2 comments:

The Woolston Family said...

Thank you big, tanned, tubby man for helping our friends out of the scrape they were in. Looks like you guys had lots of fun adventures. Glad you made it home safely.

Aislinn said...

OH MY - you're in for it now!! You just wait - I'm going to catch you in the act of...well, I don't know in what act, but it will all be on my camera and then I'm posting it too!!! MAWAAHHHHAHAHAHHAA!!!! And DITTO What Christy said! KISSES!