Monday, June 9, 2008

UPDATE ON MY FOOT

Because I know that you ALL want to know... right?

Well, I will spare you the gory pictures this time around... but here's the tale. It was terrible! Tragic in every way... there I was - in PAIN! (I know, it wasn't REALLY that horrible, but I like to whine about things so we will just say for all intents and purposes that it WAS that bad)...


Anyway, After two shots of lidocane in my foot (Which is horribly painful), the numbing set it. That's where it got fun. They scraped my foot with a scalpel, and realized that it was deep. Well duh... I told them that already. Anywho, they finally decide to do a biopsy and they took a nice chunck of flesh from my foot. (I was alright with that by the way)... and after sifting through the pinky flesh they finally find the long shard of glass. It was pointy, long, and vicious looking! I was great, until about thirty minutes ago when my foot started to regain feeling... now I am wondering what's worse - missing flesh or a shard of glass.

It will be a few days before it heals... and I won't be able to get my foot wet or swim. But, I am glad to be able to step down and not feel the sharp twinge of pain up my leg. Now it's just strictly a pain in my foot. I sure do hope that they got it all. And lucky for you guys, all you get to see is a bunch of baindaids. :D

3 comments:

The Woolston Family said...

Sorry to hear that. I was hoping that is was just a little sliver causing a huge pain and that they would find it quickly and I was hoping to see you in the pool tonight. Get well soon!

Aislinn said...

Come on - show us the goods!! Truly am sorry that it hurts - I have crutches if you need em' - you know, so you can stay off your feet, park in handicap places, make handicap faces... (ah that's something else, sorry)

Cindy said...

OUCHIE! Hope it feels better soon!