Sunday, July 20, 2008

It was a slinky slimy thing with wings!

One of the things that we (Me and the kids... and I think Rick too) miss so much about Mississippi would have to be all the different creatures we would see right outside our front (Or back) door. We got to see lizards, and birds, and deer. We caught a few butterflies and caterpillars. It was always something that I really enjoyed- the fact that my children would have the opportunity to see things that some kids never got to see up close. So, here at my mom's little mansion in Whitewater, we have been priveleged to see things that we don't always get to see in Utah.

Now, don't get me wrong. My sister, Aislinn, has a wonderful little humming bird gathering starting up at her homestead. But, we are not ALWAYS over at her house to witness the gathering for ourselves. So, being here, where they can't run off with cousins or anything like that, we have had the time to stop and "See the hummingbirds" if you will. Aren't they cute!?!


Then, we went to Anne's house tonight to take the garbage out for tomorrow. The kiddos came along to get rid of some of the garbage, and to work off a little bit of the excess energy that they had stored up through the day today. As I was leaving I was about to move the brick to cover the front door when I noticed this HUGE frog sitting atop it. So, I ran back to Mom's house and got the camera ... and then I had the kids come back with me so they could see the frog up close.

Kennedy has never minded getting up close to the slimy creatures. She was the first to poke at the frog tonight too (Reminding me of that One time when she had one pee on her... ya..... you know the story right?).

Darrell finally moved in with some reassurance from watching Kennedy. He jumped back (About as high as the frog too) when the frog started to hop away. It was quite amusing really! I don't know who was more scared, the frog or darrell!

3 comments:

The Woolston Family said...

I remember walking to meet the school bus and finding the "cutest" little turtles on my way. I would run as fast as I could to see if I could get them home and get back before the bus came. I had a turtle home all made and ready for them. I miss the creatures too. Definately don't get that as much here. Here's to good memories.

Aislinn said...

FUN - I hate slimy things - but glad that you like em'! You should take pics of the slimy things that you find in Ann's house!

Carter Clan said...

I'm glad to see you and the kids are still alive! I feared lest you should be smitten by bad smells and questionable substances. I love mom's house because we are alwasy finding toads, lizards, and other creepy crawlies.