Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Best AND the Worst...

Today's topic was "What were your best and worst subjects in Grade, Middle, and High school".

Well, a long long time ago - when I was a wee lass... I had the WORST time reading. In fact - I almost failed out of the first grade (before all of that nonsense about No Child Left Behind and whatnot) - because I couldn't keep up with my reading. Turns out that it's because I couldn't see very well... and I ended up getting glasses... but that's besides the point. The point was that my reading and writing were Terrible. TERRIBLE. - I, however, was excellent in Math and Science. I excelled in the art of being Nerdy - but lovable... it was a great time...
Then came middle school. I, still, was pretty nerdy - but my Math started to suffer some, and my English, History and Art grades started to be a lot better. Science was still a bonus - and I still did pretty good in most of the subjects , but not as good in Math. I had Straight A's a time or 5... but, that didn't stop me from having a good time. Soooooo...

I moved on to High School. This is where I (ultimately) decided that I wanted friends more than I wanted good grades. I did really good in the subjects that involved participation. Choir, Art, Swimming (MAN... I was seriously a TIGER in the water...), ....... Health, English, Science, History, Civics, etc. They were all pretty darn good grades... but Math.. well, Math I struggled with because I didn't retain the basics. I had a hard time dealing with Algebra and whatnot - it stunk a bit. I test really well in Math. In all the aptitude tests I did well, but - no so much when it came to homework and practical exams. Go Figure.I finally Broke the Math issue in College - with lots of studying and help from my Hottie Hubby. (That would be Rick). I finally made it out of Algebra - now I just hope that I don't ever have to take it again!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I feel that same way about algebra. Math is the only thing that stands in my way.

Cindy