Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Our Memorial Weekend


So, on this lovely Memorial Weekend we decided to make the rounds and see the "Grandma's" 
This trip started by us leaving on Saturday evening and Driving off to Ferron where Grandma Healey lives.  It was a fun ride, the kids were ready to go LONG before we ever made it out the door - but isn't that the way that it always is?

After a visit in Ferron, we were off to Grand Junction to see Grandma Sandy.
Now, here is my disclaimer - I am, (Tee hee), A bit of a smarty pants.  And I had been wanting to go to Dead Horse Point for many moons... because (from the way I remembered it) It was a lot closer than Moab.
Now, Rick told me that it wasn't really as close as I thought, but oooh no- I would not let that deter me.  So, when I saw from the interstate that Moab was only 30 miles, I decided to do the whole "SEE - I told you so!" thing... and I exited.  Turns out, I was right - the TURNOFF for Deadhorse point is closer than Moab, but the drive to get there is actually a lot further than I remembered.  
Anyway, I decided that we better make the best of it.  We were a little bit later getting to Grandma Sandy's but I got some really good pictures of Deadhorse Point - AND, with the new software that I have, I was able to stitch them together, even from my little Hovel in Bountiful.
SO, the above pictures that you are viewing there, well - those are actually 4 different shots, just stitched together. So, you are TECHNICALLY getting a Semi-Panoramic view of the place.  Yeah, it was way awesome.
One of the things that Grandma Sandy does when we come is "the Ice Cream Sundae Party" - enough stuff to make you sick. (And some of us probably were, but just didn't admit it). The children stuffed themselves silly with Brownie Bites, and Oreo's, and Toppings, and Ice Cream... Ahh- what fun.
  
The next Day we went and saw Grandma Beth and her Quilting Factory.  This is something that I REALLY want to learn - and here is the heads up, if you ever want to teach me, I would be happy to shoosh and do exactly what I am told, just so that way I can learn how to quilt.  Oooooh, what fun!  Grandma B has SO many that she has started and is working on... I am Envious of her incredible Talent here...
After Grandma B's we went to 
Where Grandma Sandy decided to get things for - the Batting Cages, and Bumper boats (After much coaxing from the kids I am certain).  Well, neither GS or Grandpa D wanted to go to the bumper boats, so I was the good sport that got the extra ticket on this one.  Needless to say the little devils ganged up on me and I was DRENCHED.  I don't think that I dried off until we got back into Price that evening.  I was CRAZY wet.  So... not.... cool.

Anyway, it was a really fun weekend.  We got to see the fam, and the kids got to get me soaked, and I think that my only MAJOR complaint (Because we all know that I am an expert complainer) would have been the ridiculous traffic in the canyon over someone loading a boat onto a tow truck.  MAN, I seriously hate rubberneckers.  Well, that, and the fact that I have a MASSIVE headache - I think that it's from all of the sinus pressure - and my ears never unclogged once we got through the canyon.  Oh Well... 

2 comments:

The Woolston Family said...

Oh what fun!

Aislinn said...

Looks like ya'll had a grand ole time... ice-cream included! Love how you "stitched" the pics together, that's really REALLY cool!