Tuesday, November 18, 2008

- NKOTB -

LOOK AT THAT HAIR!

Who'd of Thunk it? The New Kids on the Block are back???

That's RIGHT - Meet Danny (Danny Wood)
Meet Donny (Yes - Donny Wahlberg)
Meet Joey (Joe McIntyre)Meet Jon (Jonathan Knight)
Meet Jordan (Jordan Knight - Personal Favorite)
(Now, say it fast (DO IT!) - Danny, Donny, Joe, Jon, Jordan)

Back in the late 1980's and early 1990's the New Kids on the Block (NKOTB) were a huge sensation. They sold 70 million albums worldwide and paved the way for the Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, 98 degrees, and many others. They won two American Music Awards for Favorite Pop/Rock band and Favorite Pop Rock album for (Darrell's personal favorite) Hangin' Tough. Their fan club consisted of over 500,000 members.

Now, the NKOTB were a personal favorite of mine. I really liked them quite a bit growing up. Oh, yes, I should say, I love all boy bands and most pop music. But, New Kids - well, they were the first TRUE boy band following the Jackson 5.

I will admit, when Tim called me and let me know that he could send me a link for tickets - I was a little apprehensive about the SERIOUS teasing I would get. But, I bought tickets for myself and the kids (K, A, and D all went too). It cost (THANKS TIM) 5.80 to go to this concert.

THE BEST TIME!
We had the best time! Lady Gaga opened up - not my style, but not too bad. Then Natasha Beddingfield - She's awesome. She sings Unwritten and Pocketful of Sunshine. The kids REALLY liked them
THEN - The NKOTB came out - and it was a
sea of screaming women. Darrell was so funny - he said "Why don't they be quiet!?!" And, well, I just couldn't explain.

The New Kids on the Block put on one of the best concerts that I have seen. (*disclaimer - Matchbox 20 WAS better...) Between fireworks, hot OLD dance moves (like the patented leg swoop that they do), and their solos - I would say that it was a great experience! The kids and I were in section 101 - 1 section away from the stage. They were able to see everything going on and be involved.

Aside from the 28-50 year old women who decided to dress in spandex and stirrup pants, and put on the side pony tails again - well, it was quite enjoyable. I never realized how many of us crazies there truly were until this very concert!

2 comments:

Aislinn said...

FUN - I'm sorry I missed the spandex!

Carter Clan said...

HILLARIOUS! They look better now though then they did when they were young. Yeah Jordan was my favorite too. Glad you had a good time.