Tuesday, February 14, 2012

- Valentine's Day - Everyone Else is doing it...

So, why can't I?

No, Really - Everyone else is writing about love, or in love, or out of love, jaded by love, hounded by love .... Everywhere I turn it's something else about the fluffy pink holiday.  So, why can't I write about the fluffy pink Holiday too?
Ode to my Sweetheart - who will probably never read this - but that doesn't mean that I don't feel like sharing the sentiments anyway.  So you can all sit there and read the sappiness which is my professed love for the Misses.

Actually, I was just saying to the Misses the other night, that there really is no one better for me than he.  He tends to agree with that assessment.  And, of course, I agree that he should agree with that assessment as well. Our quirky paths crossed in such an odd way that it was only fate that we should end up together.  

Now, 8 years later, I look around and think to myself - how did this happen?  I will spare you all the saucy details - because this blob is public - and you never know if there are children in the room - but I can say that I am glad that it did.  

Now, he didn't propose on St. V-Day - nor did we get married on St. V-Day - but I know that it's a special holiday just the same.  So, here are the top 10 reasons why I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love and I don't care who knows it.
10) Because my man makes a Mean German Pancake.  Actually, he's a fantastic cook, and will typically do most of the cooking around the house.  He's got a killer Stroganoff, a Mean Spaghetti, and has finally figured out how to do Salmon to LITERAL Perfection.
9) There are not many people out there that I am friends with, or that I know, that can truly appreciate music.  Back in my dating years I was with someone that spoke through music - and when I met the Misses this was one of the first things that attracted me to him.  His repertoire of song and verse.  To this day we still enjoy a good symphony together, finding new songs that we both enjoy, and trading up our old favorites.  I hear that "Music is the language of the soul", and if that is truly the case, this his and my soul have been in tune from forever.

8) His witty personality.  Though most people don't quite get his humor, to me - it's ecstatically amusing. Most people don't know this but my own father was a random word generator in his previous life.  When these two got together, it was like Peanut Butter and Jelly.  The mix was perfect!  Naturally, since I had been around witty humor my entire life - I can appreciate the Misses use of words in an effective manner.  It's just too bad that the majority of the rest of the populous  doesn't always catch on as quickly - otherwise, they would be laughing themselves silly in his presence.

7) His uncanny X-Men powers.  I can't share his superpower here, but I can say that it's the best superpower in the whole world.  Actually, number 7 would be his appreciation for the Super Hero aspect. I just wanted to throw you all off. Anyway, Because of the Misses, D-Man has an appreciation and love for Super Heroes and comics.  Something I think that every little man should have in their life; like trying out for football, or climbing trees.  

6) The Misses has an amazing Brain.  You know, I understand that people say, when it comes to dating and such, "Don't say things like - I love your eyes, or you have a great brain - that's just a turnoff." BUT, it's so true.  Dude is a pretty logical individual.  He spends a lot of his time, well, Thinking about things.  Putting things together.  If it needs a solution, the Misses can find it.  Math? What about math... nothing seems to hard for him to solve or figure out a way to fix.  It's amazing to me.  I feel so dumb in comparison most of the time - he remembers things like Names, Places, People, Events, Dates - UGH! I can't even keep track of it all!  So, the Brain of the Misses is one of the reasons that I love him so much.

5) He will WILLINGLY Apologize.  Without provocation.  If he does something, and he knows that it's wrong, he will approach me and he will genuinely say that he is sorry.  I do not know many other hubby type people that are willing to do this.  At least not without the, "I'm sorry BUT..."  My Misses, he will apologize and he will mean it.  And it's usually me that has the hard time coming around, but not him.  And for this, I am so very grateful.

4) He's... (in my Hank Smith Voice) "my protector".  "He will protect me!"  I know you all can't hear the voice in your heads... but think of some foreign french guy speaking, then hear the voice in your head.  Actually, it's true.  I am very independent - but even I need, from time to time, someone that will stand up for me, look out for me, and make sure that the way is safe.  Of all the people in my life, this man cares for me more than anyone other than my own mother and father.  He protects me - and he gets very offended when I allow others to hurt me - he stands up for me and tries to show me, even when I am being pigheaded, why I should stand up for myself.  

3)  He Knows Who Killed JFK. *Update - OK - OK - Apparently he doesn't REALLY know this... BUT, He knows a lot of other stuff* Actually, that's not really the point.  The point is that he pays attention to the world around him.  He realizes that it's not a perfect world but he still tries to make it work for us and our family.  Along with all of this knowledge, I have learned so many things - like HOW to learn better and looking out for things that are meant to make me a zombie.  It's amazing all of the stuff the he knows about what is really going on out in the world!

2) He has a relationship with God and he's not afraid to use it. I mean, share it. This is a reason with a sub-reason.  We have a class that we teach for Sunday School - (Actually, there are several sub-reasons in this reason).  I say "We" teach, but really, he teaches it.  He's an amazing teacher - and he's inspired.  He will be teaching and he will realize that there is a better way to get the message across to these 10 and 11 year-olds.  He will use it - and you can just see that they GET the message!  I say, "Wow - that was clever!  How did you come up with that?" And he will say that it just came to him. He knows that God is there, he has a testimony, and he's not afraid to share it, and this makes me so proud of him, and proud to be with him.

1) And - the #1 reason - Easy... He's ALL mine. Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine! 

Now, there are a few Honorable Mentions I wanted to make - they should have been in the top 10, but there are so many! I should have made it a top 20.  This is why Casey Kasem went from top 10, to 20, to 40 and eventually a top 100 countdown.  BUT, I digress - Here are the 
Honorable Mentions:
A) My husband has the most beautiful Dome that ever existed.  Look how perfectly round his head is - it's amazing!  And he looks good sporting it when it's shaved... :)

B) He's an incredible dancer - he's got natural rhythm and that's saying something. I've seen a lot of people dance in my time - and he's just really smooth about it.

C) He's the most amazing Goalie and Soccer player that I have seen OFF of the professional field.  I so, SO, wish that he would play more often.  I love to watch him play the game!

D) He's a Walking Dictionary.  Just try to beat him in Word Whomp, or Scrabble.  Betcha can't do it. 

E) He's SO competitive, and because of all his amazing knowledge and his competitive nature, we always win the games that we play against other family members.  I think that's why they don't have us over more for trivia game nights and stuff....

F) He Loves our kids.  He might not always be the best at communicating this to them - he's better at showing them how he feels when they are around them.  That being said though, He genuinely pays attention to them, listens to them, and cares about them.  When they are not around he worries about them and tries to think of things that he can do to help them with their own lives.  He RESPECTS them and their opinions and he does not put them down when they have an idea or feeling to express.  He keeps them thinking all the time and does his best to help them as they transition into teenagers and soon, adults.  

And... that's all for this St. Valentine's Day Post.  I hope that if you can't be with the one you love, then you love the one you're with.  

No comments: