Monday, August 11, 2008

Circe's Visit

So, I am sure that I have said it before, and I know that I am going to say it again, but it's been a LOOOOONG Time since we've seen Circe Rose. (Yes, Rose is her middle name). This summer, we weren't really expecting to have her for a very long time. We would have been grateful with the few days that she had scheduled before she came out here in the first place. It was just going to be nice that she would be here where she could visit everyone. However, little did we know that she would end up spending more time with us than with just about anyone else on this trip. Granted, I would say that she rightfully should have, but I also know that her relationship with her dad wasn't at it's best before she came out here. It still isn't perfect - but fences are being mended... and I think that after this visit, we are going to see her quite a bit more than we have in the last 4 years.
Circe and her dad are so much alike - even if they don't want to admit it. They think the same, they are both witty and yet SO very sarcastic. They would even finish each other's thoughts and sometimes, sentences. They don't like the same veggies... they order burgers the same - They have the same taste in clothing and movies... It's interesting to me that even though she is so far away, and she doesn't have a strong / active relationship with her dad, she displays so many of his personal characteristics. The two of them really do get along very well when they are together. None of the typical teenager / parent stuff that I figured we would have to deal with right off the bat. No, it was really a pleasant visit overall.
This is Circe at the park. We went to that darn "Bountiful Festival" thingy... I was a little bit camera happy with her. Mostly because I have hardly any pictures of her - I mean, ANY at all. Part of me wanted to take as many as I possibly could - I have this fear that we won't see her for another year! But, Circe was a total trooper - She gave me all of her silly faces. She smiled as much as I think that she possibly could - Which was really awesome. BUT, now I have a whole bunch of new pictures that I can put all over my house. I am muy, muy happy about that.
AND - I have a bunch of pictures with her and her Dad now... (A bunch is something like 5 - but considering how many I have of Rick - that's a LOT). Most of Circe's pictures are with her Tongue sticking out. I think that I am going to make a scrapbook and call it "Circe's Tongue). It would be really cute.

Anyway, we were very happy with her visit. She left this morning around 5:00am. Hopefully we will see her again around Christmas - that would be really nice, huh?

3 comments:

The Woolston Family said...

So glad you guys got more time with her. Looks and sounds like you had lots of fun.

Aislinn said...

She's such a pretty girl! Happy that things went better than expected and that you grabbed bunches more pictures!

Carter Clan said...

That is so awesome that things are being mended and now maybe a close relationship can be cultivated.