Wednesday, February 17, 2010

U2 - Remember them??


Remember these guys?  You know, the group from Dublin Ireland??  You know, the group that has won 22 Grammy Awards, has more than 12 studio albums and has sold more than 145 million records?  How about the artists of songs such as: Pride (In the Name of Love), Vertigo, Beautiful Day, Mysterious Ways, Angel of Harlem, Bullet the Blue Sky, Elevation, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, and so many others that I can't name them all here.
Well, it turns out that these guys are coming IN CONCERT to start off their 360 tour - Yup - to Salt Lake City.  June 3rd.  I will admit, they are not my favorite band - we all know that Depeche Mode is my favorite band of all time.  But, I have seen them in concert already.  I have also seen Matchbox 20, Creed, Staind, and even - that's right - New Kids on the Block.  However, I know that they do not hold a candle to U2.  They just don't.  We are talking about a group of musicians so eclectic that they can rehearse a song that is not even their own personal song, on the fly, and get it right - and perform it in front of millions of fans flawlessly.  FLAWLESS!
So, needless to say - I am on the prowl for tickets which will go on Sale on February 22nd - Monday.  And I better get them or I might just DIE.  I will keep you all updated.  
And your final words in this Blob - LOVE AND PEACE OR ELSE!!

No comments: