Sunday, May 4, 2008

Drug Dealers aren't the only problem Columbia Has...



That's Right people! Today we went to the zoo... and it turns out that these HUGE BUGS AND BEETLES are from Columbia. The two pictures of the biggest ones - well... they are about three to four inches just in length... that's not including their HUGE wings... flying yucky beetles. Rick said that we aren't ever going down there (and quite frankly, I couldn't agree more!). Can you image seeing one of those things flying at you? And they have a little note by the type that says they are Harmless.... Harmless my hiney! Maybe they didn't look at the pincers on those things! Now... see the red dot on the map... those red dots are also by those HUGE beetles... So... just let it be known that this is your official warning about it...

Moving on....

So... it was a fun day. I got some of the best pictures of the animals - Ever feel like this?? Seriously... the gorilla was the best - I mean... check out that look... I love that look....



Ya... it was a fun day. I have a ton of pictures - and I don't know where I am going to put them yet. They may end up on MySpace - they may end up only in a scrapbook... who knows. I will say this though - my kids are so not 'posers'. They just don't do it. I say, "Smile at the camera... look over here... HOLD STILL"... oooh but no. Kennedy is getting better... Aspens moves would be hilarious if I had a quick shot camera - and Darrell - well, right now he's just a ham who hasn't figured out that when I say "smile" it doesn't meant that cheesy grin that I get from him no matter what the case.
By the end of the day - they were all "pooped" out. I didn't get a picture of Kennedy sleeping in the car... we had bets on who would go first - Darrell or Aspen - but Kennedy was the one who fell asleep first. Then the two youngest battled it out - I think Aspen went before Darrell, because he just kept on talking the whole time... But in the end - the car ride always wins when they get sleepy...

It's early in the morning - I just got back from Picking up Jer from the airport - they lost his luggage... I feel a scene from "Meet the Parents" coming on... but mostly because they lost his luggage and it had half of his clothes and toiletries in it... LOL - but at least he's going to be at his home and not in some foreign land... right?!? Anyway - I will write more tomorrow. LOVE TO ALL!

1 comment:

The Woolston Family said...

Looks like a fun day. I'm gonna special order one of those beatles for ya. Maybe for your birthday. Since you like them sooooo much! :)
Glad you all had fun!