Friday, June 13, 2008

The Foot Incident Continued...

So, this morning I got up and finally decided that I was going to brave the removal and cleaning of the bandages. The Dr. that had helped me told me to wait for 4-5 days, and I figured that I better do it before I go on this camping trip. SO, I precariously bathe and clean myself up. Then when I get done I clean up my foot... as I take off the bandages I get a little worried... there was that slimy puss that she had told me to be careful of...
somethin about infection and blah blah blah... no, kidding, I really did pay attention... a little bit. So, I sit down with my trusty bottle of handy dandy hydrogen peroxide and being the "Pouring and cleaning of the wound..." and just as I pour I see something shiny. So, I look again and I gently pull THIS out of my foot.
It's about the same length as the one they got out when they cut the hole into my foot in the first place. I put it on a piece of tape, and to give you the idea of how big it is, that piece of tape is 1in in width.
So, I cleaned up the gooey goo... cleaned up the rest of it all... applied the necessary globs of neosporin and taped myself back up for another few days. I just figured that this time, since I had the additional piece of shard of glass, that I would share with you all so you wouldn't think that I was just a big boob for no reason at all.
Anyway, gonna get ready to go camping now... and don't you worry - I will be wearing my shoes the WHOLE time. :D

2 comments:

The Woolston Family said...

WOW WEE! Glad you found that. Your poor foot. You weren't having sharp pains when you stepped down? Have fun camping! And yes, shoes would be good.

Carter Clan said...

I want to see BLOOD! And what the heck, the cut into your foot and can't even get all the glass out! I would demand a refund! You know I would too.