Wednesday, October 15, 2008

In TWO DAYS -

In Two Days - my Kennedy will be 10 years old finally... She seems older than 10 to me already. Over the last year she has changed and matured into a beautiful girl. She is reading better, solving puzzles on her own, trying new things without fear, and developing the self esteem that I hoped she would find.

I look back and it's hard for me to believe that she's gotten to big so fast. There are times when I wonder why it is that she doesn't climb up into my lap anymore, and then I realize that it's because she's gotten so big. But, there are things that we still can do together that she's just fine with - she lets me play with her hair, and we do lots in the kitchen together.
She's talented, she's bold, she's brave. She would give you anything she could just to see you smile. Though she can be bossy with her siblings, she is a people pleaser and doesn't like to see anyone down in the dumps. I am truly proud of the girl that she's turning out to be. I love to see her achieve her goals, and set new ones. She has the best imagination!
Anyway, this blog is for My Kennedy - though she may not ever read it, I just wanted to share. After all - they grow up SO fast.

2 comments:

Knit2dye4 said...

OH MY GOSH!

Kennedy, I can't believe you are SO BIG. I met you and your mom when you were like 2 or 3. Anyway,

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Kennedy,
Happy Birthday to YOU!

Love you lots,
Lori

Carter Clan said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW... YAY DD... My little baby YODA!