Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Good Golly Gallivan!

So, I work downtown by the Gallivan Center. Now that it is winter, they have their lights up, and every morning when I drive in to work, I get to see the lights. Sometimes, I work late enough at night that I get to see them when I am leaving as well. Though I didn't capture the precise way that I truly see the Gallivan Center, I wanted to share a few pictures with you anyway.
The Gallivan Center is an outdoor amphitheater area. It also has an ice rink, a HUGE outdoor chess board, a sun dial, and is home to quite a few pieces of unique art. I walk through the Gallivan center at least once a week and it's become a downtown haven when I need to get out of the office building and take a quick walk.
Now, I know this is going to surprise the heck out of you all, but - I don't do well on Ice Skates. (GASP!) No, really, it's true. I never have. So, I can't guarantee that I will ever skate at the lovely blue pool of ice in the center of, well, the center. But - it's still nice to look at.

1 comment:

Aislinn said...

FUN FUN FUN!!! I knew that they turned on lights there - but we've never been by!
Good pics!