Wednesday, January 21, 2009

SING WIF ME NOW! It's the most wonderful time of the year.....

Today's fun topic is... Describe a Perfect Winter Day. What kinds of activities would you do on that day?Ahhh - the perfect Winter Day... Personally, I don't really adore winter. I am not a "cold" fan... I don't like the snow after it gets dirty - I don't like the cold - I don't like the wet - and I prefer NOT to be bundled up... BUT, since this is the question, I will describe my Perfect Winter day.Personally, I like sitting by the fire - and watching the snow fall through a nice big window. I used to have a nice big window - and a fireplace - though it was an awkward fire place - the positioning was all wrong... But, that's besides the point! This is about MY day... BWAHAHAAA. So, I would like to sit by the fire - watching the snow - and drinking this beautiful picturesque cocoa that I found on Google somewhere. Doesn't it look tasty? That's what I would want.
BUT - I would most likely have the kids with me... and they would want to go and Play in the snow and make a bunch of snowmen... And in a way, I guess that's kind of perfect too - in fact - I have some pictures of these "SNOWMEN" that they attempted to get me to help them make one year. I want everyone to know that the one that is actually upright is the one that I helped make... :DThis is the Snowman that the kids made... kind of like a snow Dwarf... or maybe a snow mountain. Or a Snow "Cousin It". So, I had to take a little bit of time and show the kids how to actually ROLL a snowball...
And make a snowman... And I guess- quite frankly, this is one of my best winter memories. I loved making that darn snowman - even if it wasn't the best looking snowman on the planet. It was still lots of fun - and I did get cold - and that wasn't my favorite part. But Laughing at the kids while they tried to make a snow "IT" - well... that was awesome...

4 comments:

Aislinn said...

I love that snowmen! And the hot chocolate! I want some NOW - I think I'll go and do that!

The Woolston Family said...

That hot chocolate DID look yummy! I'm feeling a little nippy right now, perhaps, I too will go warm up with a little cocoa. MMMMM!

Heidi Sue said...

All your pictures look so good. I agree that the hot chocolate does look yummy!

Carter Clan said...

LOL I still am laughing at that pathetic pile of snow called a snow man.. the dwarf one.. so funny.