Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Day Celebrations!

It's Black Friday - time to update on Thanksgiving! All went so nicely. I let the kids make their Christmas cards while things were cooking. (I still have glitter all over the place...)
Finally, the turkey was done! Rick carved the delicious bird the best that he could with the rotten knife that I have- but he managed to get things together. :)
And we set the table with as much formal stuff as I really have. I realized that I don't really have all that much when it comes to formal place settings. I have the glasses, and the stemware (Kind of) and I have napkins... but the gravy was still served with the trusty 1c pyrex measurer. :P
Everything was lovely and wonderful... Rick is (seriously) the best cook I have ever been married to. After the feast we went downstairs and watched as many Christmas movies as we could before it was time for bed. I did go out for Black Friday shopping before work today - and I was mostly successful. :) I got everything that I really wanted to for now. I just need to remember to go to the Mexi-Mart on 13th - I think that because of the cops, there was a better selection. Centerville was so uncivilized this year... Yuck. Never again there, if I can help it...

3 comments:

Aislinn said...

Glad you had a nice dinner. What about R's mom - did she not show? What did you get for BF? Anything good?

Knit2dye4 said...

I used a 2 c. Pyrex measuring cup for my gravy :)

Nicki Swilor said...

This...

"Rick is (seriously) the best cook I have ever been married to."

made me ugly laugh! I (seriously) love laughing at work by myself.